Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Moanin'


The hardest part of being on a diet is knowing that I'm not supposed to drink. For those of you who know me, you know I love alcohol. I'd be drunk all the time if it didn't kill my liver...or cost so damned much...or turn my brain into mush...or become addictive....or turn up my propensity to be an asshole...

Anyway, if I want to have a couple of light beers ever, I have to plan for it. I scrimped. I saved my calories. I fucking starved all weekend just to have these two light beers...but then I was faced with a giant decision: do I want that slice of chocolate brownie/banana/peanut butter pie? The answer was an unequivocal yes. I wanted a slice of that pie...and I didn't want to share it...although let the record state that I offered.

The husband didn't take me up on my offer to share, so I ate that delicious slice of pie for lunch. And as any fat girl who dares to eat anything other than skinless chicken breast and raw vegetables in public might do, I'm going to rationalize it. That was all I had for lunch, and I'm sure that blew through my entire carb allotment into this week, but I ate it...and I enjoyed every mouthful.

In fact, it was special pie, handmade by Rock City Pies. The chef is named Nikita Sanches: http://www.nikitasantches.com/index.html and you can find Rock City Pies at the Rust Belt Market in Ferndale. Get out there and support your local artists by visiting this 9 Mile/Woodward's physical location (find out where here: http://www.rustbeltmarket.com/) on Saturdays and Sundays....it's like Etsy.com offline.

I hope you take time to visit him. Tell him Bee sent ya.

As special as that slice o'pie was, it didn't have any beer in it. And it had been two very long weeks where I hadn't had any beer.

I hadn't had any pie for MONTHS, but I shot that record all to hell...

When dinner rolled around, I had my bunless burger. I had a small serving of onion rings. And I washed them down with two light beers.

Now, bear in mind that so far that day, I had a three-egg omelette with veggies and cheese for breakfast (about 400 calories), a slice of pie for lunch (about 400 calories)...and then my supper.

1/4 lb. Cheeseburger, no bun: 270
8 onion rings: 280
2 light beers: 200
Total calories: 760

Total calories for the day: 1560

Weight gain on the scale today from Friday: 4 pounds.





2 comments:

Mandy_Fish said...

Damn it. I go back to my original thesis:

Carbs are evil.

Magic Marker said...

They're evil for me, that's for damned sure.